Sunday 21 November 2010

Chapter 30

The whip sliced through the air, and layed open shards of flesh with sickening ease
 Laying open shards of flesh with sickening ease. Gritting his teeth against the pain threatening to knock him out, he held himself up on the chains that were still trying to tear his hands off.
The whip sliced again and again, each time stripping him of more skin. Thankfully it was only opening his chest up, the grotesque man had yet to venture higher or lower.
Good god, why had he thought that, it was like he had wished it into reality, as the whip lashed his thighs. He tightened his hold on the chains as the whip came at him again.
“You wont be able to rape anyone else now.” the voice boomed as he fought against blacking out.
“Stop.” Shae’s voice sounded shrill.
Xavier tried to open his eyes to see her, he needed to be reminded of Rowan, it would get him through this. He managed to open one eye a little, as they had started to swell from the earlier beating he must have received while unconscious, lousy cowards. 
“Majesty. You shouldn’t be down here.”
“You do not tell me where I should and shouldn’t be, Dex.” She clipped.
“Yes Majesty. I meant no disrespect, only that it is no place for a lady’s sensitivity.” He bowed.
“What has he said?” she asked.
“Nothing Majesty.”
“I am fucking here you know.” Xavier grunted. “I want you to let me out of these fucking chains NOW Shae, or so help me....”
“You’ll what Xavier? What is left for you to do? You already raped my daughter, almost killed my husband, what else can you possibly do to me?”
Xavier stiffened his body against the pain and tried to remain focused. He needed his wits about him now, didnt need the pain trying to take him into unconsciousness.
“I haven’t done anything. So good luck proving this to the council, they will have you up on charges of abduction and torture. You already got away with doing this to my dad Shae, and were proved wrong. Who do you think they will side with this time?” Xavier managed to say against the pain in his arms, they wouldn’t hold up much longer though, he had to get down from here.
Shae paced in front of him, her anger so think it made it hard for him to breathe.
“Get him down Dex.” Shae ordered.
“Majesty?”
“Now I said. I won’t tell you again Dex.” Shae shouted.
Xavier felt the chains being rattled and he held the groan in, as the pain intensified. He couldn’t show weakness, not now. He had Shae on the retreat and he had to keep her there or she would chain him again.
“I'm glad you saw sense.” He said to her as he struggled to keep himself upright on his legs. They were so fucking shaky and tiered that it took every effort just to stand still.
“If I had any sense I would have killed you already. You are down because I want answers. Nothing more, and if you don't give me what I want, then you’ll wish you were still chained.” She said.
“What is it you think I know?” God his whole body hurt so damn much. He shuffled as best he could to the seat he saw, at least he thought it was a seat, hoped it was one. Thank god it was. He eased his painful six foot three frame into that small piece of paradise, and held in the groan as his weight was taken off his legs. Straightening up he looked at Shae.
“Well?” he asked.
“I want to know about these shifters, how many do you have and why?” she asked, still pacing.
“Sit down Shae your making me dizzy.”
“This is not a social call Xavier, now answer me.”
“I don't have any. They are ruled by Darkess, I rescued this one. And as we are on this topic. Why is she chained and what happened to her?”
“She tried to kill My husband, on your orders.”
“What!” He said shooting to his feet, the pain helping him to focus now. this was ridicules, Storm was impulsive but she really was harmless unless ... “You are mistaken.” He said.
“Really! So why do I have three dead guards and my husband fighting for his life?”
He said slumping back into the chair. He had only asked her to keep him busy. Oh God he should never have left her alone. It was irresponsible of him to leave her here to face the mess that he had created.
“Let her go Shae, it's not her fault. Your guards must have attacked her.” He said trying to look at her. He couldn’t let Storm die, not for trying to protect him or herself. And he couldn’t leave Rowan alone, she was carrying his child.
“You take full responsibility? She asked.
“For what?”
“For her actions. She has killed and has torn Alexions arm off.”
“You want her to die for protecting herself, Shae. She is barely old enough to tie her own shoes, she is a child. You must have cornered her.”
Shae laughed.
“Sure she is, look at her, she is a fully grown woman.”
“I know she looks it but have you talked to her?”
“NO.”
“You should before you pass judgment on her. As I said, your guards must have attacked or threatened her. She is a sweet girl Shae, my mother had adopted her and our whole kingdom knows it, so be very careful what you do here. ”
“You will both stand trial for this, we have witnesses to this atrocity Xavier, you will not get away with what you have done. I'm just glad that you didn’t succeed. What where you planning to do? Kill Alexion and marry Rowan to gain this Kingdom?”
“How is Rowan?” He asked, hoping Shae would tell him but not holding out much hope at this point.
“Much better now that you don't have her.”
“Please Shae, tell me how she is.”
“What is it to you? You plan has failed and you’re going to die, she will not save you.”
Xavier lost control of himself, he couldn’t stand not knowing how she was. How his child was.
“She is carrying my child, tell me how she is.” He shouted.
Shae gasped and slapped him.
“You disgusting bastard, how could you do this? She is a child herself, and you thought to use her like this. Well she won’t keep it.”
“I love her, and I guarantee she will keep it, even if you kill me.”
“Over my dead body, she is not carrying the bastard of a rapist; I won’t subject her to that.”
“Shae you’re not thinking straight, we love each other, please don't do this.”
“You left her here and you expect me to believe that you love her, Ha, you only love yourself Xavier. This conversation is over. Dex, String him up and whip him until he passes out, then wake him and continue until he has no skin left. But make sure he is conscious the whole time, I want him to pay for hurting Rowan.”
“NO... Shae, ask her, ask Rowan if she loves me.”
“Why? I already know she does. But it's not going to save you, you are through using her.”
“NO.” Xavier shouted, it was all he could do at this point, he had nothing to fight with, no energy left. He was going to die in this stinking black hole, and Shae would tell Rowan that he had done this all on the purpose of getting her kingdom.
Please don't believe them baby. I love you, he thought as he was chained facing the wall this time. He closed his eyes and focused on Rowans sweet face, her laugh, her softness. As the whip whistled towards him. Again and again, he was struck, as he focused everything he had on Rowan. After a few times of passing out and having water jerk him awake, it didn’t hurt anymore, he could hear the whip coming but the pain had gone. He felt himself smile, as he remembered everything about his soul mate. If he was going to die then she would be the last thing he remembered, they couldn’t take that from him.
“I Love you baby, don't ever forget that please.” He rasped, placing his forehead against the wall, before the world went black.

1 comment: