Thursday 18 November 2010

Chapter 27

“What are you doing? Take me home NOW!” Rowan blustered. She had had enough of people snatching her. This was going to stop and stop right now. She felt the power build in her, it bubble up from her toes filling her with energy and faith in herself.
“DANIEL.” Xavier shouted.
Rowan looked at him. He had lost the plot, clearly. And she couldn’t help but notice how handsome he looked in his Kilt. It was the first thing she noted when she saw him standing on the other side of the room from her. She had, had the urge to march up to him and lift it, to see if he was a true Scotsman. But she hadn’t been given the chance to do any of that.
Her father had marched to him, Xavier had dodged her father and swirled the blond around the floor, before throwing her at her father and grabbing rushing to her.
Did everyone think she was a piece of meat?
With her whole body screaming at her in pain, the power grew, she told herself to grow some balls. Not literally but figuratively, she added quickly, just in case it happened. She still didn’t have a handle on what she could and couldn’t do, but she was about to find out and so was he. She was not a door mat, and he had to learn that she had her own life to lead, and him popping in and out just wasn’t convenient for her or wanted. Her heart had been broken by him.  
Xavier was just about to find out that she had balls. She straightened her spine and threw her shoulders back. Held her head high, she was NOT a victim.
“DANIEL!” He shouted again, keeping his eyes on her.
“Fucking hell, I'm not deaf.... Shit you Idiot, I can be here.” Daniel said, materialising in front of Xavier.
She assumed it was Daniel anyway. A really good looking guy, and huge, had just appeared out of nowhere . She took an involuntary step back as her power surged a bit more. If Xavier was palming her off on someone else, she would beat his arse. Then drag him back and let her father beat him again.
“It's cool, don't freak out, but I need you to cloak us, her father, will be after my hide right now, and I need time, I need you to get me that time.” Xavier said. “Please.”
“By the looks of it, you should be more worried about her.” Daniel said, nodding his head in her direction.
Hell yeah, he should be more worried about her, she was about to break all kinds of whoop ass all over him, and if this guy wanted a piece of her, he would be regretting it too.
The power grew and grew and she held it in check, this time it would not control her, she would control it.
“I can handle her, just please hide us.” Xavier pleaded.
Oh he was priceless. He obviously had no idea who he was talking about. Well he would soon find out. Just as soon as she figured out what she was going to do with this power.
Did she want him dead. NO. Her body shivered against that thought.
Did she want to cause him pain. Hell Yes. Not permanent damage though, she might forgive him.
“Xavier, I really think you should handle her NOW.” Daniel said looking rather worried. “I’ll hide you, but I can't for long, so don't take all night. I hope you survive this, I really do.” Then he vanished.
Just like that. Poof and he was gone. Rowan really wanted to be able to do that to.
Then she would Poof off and leave Xavier in her dust.
“Well, you have me here. You have some guy, who poofs in and out hiding us. What do you want?”
“To apologies.” Xavier said, taking her hand.
She pulled it out of his, but not before the zing of desire shot up her arm and spread through her whole body, ridding her of all anger. She groaned out loud, before realising what she must sound like and straightened against that desire. She would not give in so easily. Even if everything in her wanted to strip that shirt from him and run her fingers under his Kilt.   
“I am an idiot. The biggest jack ass ever born, and I don't deserve you.”
“I agree.” She said. Not able to say much more. She may not hate him right now, but he didn’t have to know that. Not before he was on bended knees and grovelling for her forgiveness anyway.
“I really wouldn’t blame you for hating me, after what I have done to you babe, I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I love you, and if you will let me, I will spend every day for the rest of my life making it up to you.”
“What exactly did I do to you Xavier. What are you asking me to forgive you for?”
“It doesn’t matter. I was stupid and very wrong.”
“It matters.” She said, watching the colour drain from his face. He really didn’t want to tell her what she had supposedly done to him, to make him hate her so much and leave her without so much as a word.
“Please Rowan, I was an idiot, don't make me tell you how much of one I am.” He pleaded.
She crossed her arms over her chest to stop her nipples giving her away. Her desire was building with the power and it was playing havoc with her body.
“Tell me or take me home, because I can't forgive you, if I don't know what I'm forgiving you for.”
Xavier slumped down in front of her. On his knees, he looked like a broken man. Tears where streaming down his face as he touched her stomach, before leaning his head there.
“Please Rowan, please let me love you.” He sobbed. Yes he actually sobbed. The man that had gutted and killed people to save her, was on his knees sobbing.
“Tell me, or I leave.” She said, her own voice on the verge of cracking under the strain of leaving him hanging.  
He put his arms around her waist and keep his forehead on her belly. Before answering her.
“I thought you slept with Darkess.  I thought you betrayed me. I thought you wanted him. I didn’t watch the act in your memories, I couldn’t. So I didn’t know you hadn’t. Not until.....” His voice hitched and he stopped talking.
She ran her fingers though his hair, revelled in the softness gliding through them, before tightening her hold and yanking his head back. The pain of his betrayal had her power snapping around them, she clung to it, to keep it from incinerating him where he knelt.
 she wanted to look in his eyes for this.
His blue/grey eyes searching hers. She could feel his pain, see his desire and it didn’t help.

1 comment: