Wednesday 17 November 2010

Chapter 25


“You can't go like THAT.” Xavier said exasperated.
What was she trying to do to him. At this rate he would have to fight ever male at the ball to keep them away from her.
“But. Ameera said I looked like a Princess.” Storm said, her eyes bright with unshed tears by the looks of it. He had hurt her feelings. Well better that then have her rip someone’s arm off for touching her, he’d already been through that.
“Go and change.” He said holding his ground against her pout.
“NO. And you can't make me.” She stomped.
“Fine stay like that, we won’t be going.” He said, trying not to smile at the look on her face.
“You are a big meanie. I should’ve gone back to Darkess, at least he was mean all the time. I knew what to expect with him. You. You just treat me like. Like. like...” Tears started rolling down her cheeks and she hiccupped.
That did it, that and the look of fear on her face. She had him wrapped around her little finger anytime that look came out to play. He knew she was manipulating him, but he just couldn’t argue with her. Not when she cried.
“I'm sorry sweetheart; you do look like a Princess. Almost. Here put this on and you can be my Princess for the night.” He said handing her the silver silk bolero and fastening the button.
Her silver silk dress, really was a stunning piece of craftsmanship, he had to admit. He just wished it was on someone else and not her.
 It shimmered with every movement, the lights would dance with the crystals as she walked, creating a firework colours to light her up. Drawing the attention of every male, no doubt.
The dress had a very polite scoop neck, until she turned around. It dipped down so low, you could almost see the top of her bottom. If she didn’t have the most luminous, flawless skin, it wouldn’t be so bad.
Her figure was on display, as the dress clung to her like a second skin. It wasn’t fitted, the material just wanted to touch every inch of her.
Every male at the Ball, was going to be on a heat seeking mission to nail her. While he was going to have his work cut out, trying to keep them from her, and her from ripping their arms off.
He groaned. What was his mother thinking? Storm drew attention wherever she went, she didn’t need fancy clothes for that, and she certainly didn’t need this much of her on show. This was the last thing he needed, being there was going to be hard enough.
Tonight was going to be a very long night.
Storm’s face lit up, the fear and tears disappeared immediately. Just as he knew they would.
“If you really want me to change. I will.” Storm said, clearly not meaning it. She twirled around and let her skirt float around her. Before looking at him.
“No need sweet heart, but you must stay with me when we’re there. Ok.” He said lifting her chin. “Now, I need to get ready, go and fix you glitter.” He said pushing her gently towards the door.
“I love you Xavier.” She said, kissing his cheek before flouncing down the hall, singing.
 Xavier’s heart contracted at those words. Love.
“You look worse than I feel.” Daniel voice brought him up short.
“What are you doing here?” As if he didn’t know, there was only one reason he would be here. Rowan. He was here to drag him back to her, so she could feed.
“That’s what I’d like to know. There I was, minding my own business, when everything changes. What have you done?”
“Me? I haven’t done anything.” Xavier said, looking at him for the first time. “You look like hell.”
“Hmmm, funny that.”
“What’s happened?” He asked sitting down. By the looks of Daniel, this wasn’t going to be good.
“Why aren’t you with Rowan?”
“That’s not important right now, whatever brought you here is.” Xavier said, trying to avoid that conversation. He didnt know what to say about that anyway, not like he could tell Daniel the truth.
“Well that’s what I'm trying to figure out. Something’s changed with her, and you’re the best lead I have. Unless I go to her, but as she doesn’t know who or what she is yet, I don't think that’s the best way to find out. Too much information would kill her right now. So here I am.”
Xavier hadn’t known that Rowan was so fragile or that she didn’t know the truth yet.
“I don't know what’s changed. I haven’t seen her in a week.”
“That’s it then. You’ve changed the future, not her. Let me congratulate you on destroying everything.”
“What? You can't be serious. How do you figure that?”
“Because I told you that she would love the person she was bonded too, and here you sit without her. That will be killing the love inside her and only darkness will remain. You saved her only to end the world Xavier, well done. Your job was easy, you only had to love her. Which you already did, so what happened? What am I missing here?”
“Shit. I, a, well,” this was not going to go down well; Daniel was her father, how could he explain that he didn’t trust her and without that he couldn’t love her. “I don't love her. I can't love her.”
“You can lie to yourself all you like, but I know you do. So tell me, why you are resisting it?”
“I can't tell you. But I don't love her, so what are we going to do now?”
“Xavier.” Daniel said coming to stand in front of him. “Be very sure of what you are saying here. You are the only one that can make things right.”
“I can't pretend to love her, she will know.” He said rubbing his face, feeling the weight of the world on his already burdened shoulders.
“Tell me why. I know you loved her so what’s changed?”
“She let me down.” Was all he could tell Daniel, he just couldn’t bring himself to tell him the gory truth.
“How?”
“She wouldn’t know love if it bit her, lets just leave it at that.”
“You are wrong about that.”
“Of course you would think that, she’s your daughter, But trust me, she doesn’t love me. never did.”
“Of course she loves you, has done from the moment she saw you. Why do you think I let you live that first night you saw her. I know her inside out Xavier. So what makes you think otherwise?”
“Your sweet daughter tore my heart out and spat on it when she fucked Darkess, and not just that but she wanted it, almost begged him for it.” Xavier’s anger and hurt exploded from him, he wasn’t the one to blame for this and he wouldn’t let Daniel think he was.
Daniel let out a groan before answering him.
“ You fucking idiot. Jealously. That’s why I'm chasing the hounds of hell. I'm surrounded by fucking idiots. I give the world my daughter, and this is what I get. Jesus Christ, I should give up now.” Daniel said, sitting down hard as he continued muttering to himself.
Xavier didn’t know what to say to that.  
“Please tell me that is not the only reason. That she somehow disgusts you or that you have suddenly decided to be gay. Because if this is the only reason for you destroying the world then really I should bother saving it.”
 “What. Her not loving me back isn’t enough for you? I should just be there and let her use me for blood and sex whenever she feels the need. I don't want to live like that, and if it means I have to fight those hounds with you, then I will. But I'm not going to stay with someone who doesn’t love me the way I love them, that’s harder than fighting. Trust me.”
Daniel looked to the ceiling and sighed before levelling a gaze so intense on Xavier it made him flinch and want to sink back from it.
“Now you listen to me. I really shouldn’t bother telling you this, you certainly don't deserve to know, but since it involves saving the world, and my daughter. I guess I should let you in. She has not had sex with anyone but you, has definitely NOT let Darkess near her. So whatever you think you know, you don't. My grandchild has an idiot for a father. I.. will... never regain my place in heaven at this rate. You better get your sleep now Xavier, because those hounds of hell you so want to fight, are nothing compared to what is to come.”
Xavier was speechless, utterly dumbfounded. He was going to be a father.

1 comment: