Monday 15 November 2010

Chapter 21

 Xavier closed the door behind him and leaned heavily against it. Everything inside him wanted to go to her, be with her, never leave her, make love to her again and again until they couldn’t walk. It was only his broken heart that stopped him.
He took off full speed to get away from her and stop himself going back in to her. His heart and his body were two separate things at the moment. His body craved hers while his heart hated her, it was tearing him in two.
He couldn’t stand to be with her, knowing she wanted someone else, could react like that to someone else. He might have been with more women than he could count, but he had never said he loved them, had never been with them the same way he was with her. He held nothing back with her, his heart had been laid in her hands, and she had drop kicked it to the curb, before stomping on it.
“Xavier. Just because you saved my daughter, does not give you the right to walk about here naked. This is not your home.” Alexion said.
“Huh, oh right. My clothes are in. Actually my clothes were destroyed. Do you have something I can put on?” He said not wanting to go back into the room that held Rowan to retrieve his dirty ones.
“Follow me, I have something you can put on for now.” Alexion said walking away. “I wanted to thank you for bringing her home to us Xavier. You have made her mother very happy.”
“You’re welcome.”
“Are you in love with her?”
Xavier couldn’t answer that, so he changes the subject. How could he tell her father that he wasn’t her father, and he had bonded to her and was stuck with her now? No better keep that to himself.
 “So, is Shae planning a welcome home party?” he asked.
“How did you guess? She has everyone running around, preparing to have a masked ball.”
“Sounds good, Rowan will like that.”
“I’m not so sure, you said she knows nothing about her life here. I think this is too much and it will overwhelm her, but try telling Shae that.” Alexion sighed.
“Rowan will love it, really.”
Alexion opened the door to his room and Xavier felt like he was being allowed into his inner sanctum. Something about it felt wrong. He felt wrong talking to Rowans father. He shouldn’t be here.
“here you are, it's the royal robs but they are the only thing I have that will fit you. You are a Prince so it's only right that you start looking like one.” Alexion said. “Especially if you are to stay with my daughter.” He added looking Xavier in the eye. He hadn’t distracted Alexion at all. He still wanted to know his intentions to Rowan.
“Thanks.” He sighed and put the loose trousers on then the robe. Did people really wear these things? He felt like a total twit.
Turning he made to leave.
“Xavier. Is something wrong? Your very quiet.”
“Just need sleep, thats all.” He said not turning, Alexion would see through him.
“Are you sure thats all it is?”
“Yes. Very. I will be fine after a good nights sleep.”
“It's just that you were runing like you were trying to escape something... or someone perhaps?”
Xavier felt his breath leave his lungs. He couldn’t tell Alexion what he was really feeling, what he was running from. Alexion wouldn’t understand.
“I know women can be hard to deal with sometimes. Ive been where you are more than once Xavier but I can guarantee that they are worth the trouble. If you need some space then you can use this room. It's your anytime you need to be alone.”
“Thanks.” Xavier said then left the room.
He should check on Rogue, he was bound to be awake and really pissed off right now.
When Xavier got into hearing distance from the cage Rogue was in he started running. The tiger was in uproar literally. The sound was deafening.
“What is going on? What happened?” Xavier asked breathing heavy.
“I don't know. He was sleeping then he was like this.” The guard said, pacing in front of the cage, his face worried.
“Rogue. What it is?” Xavier asked out loud.
“Poppins. Get me out of this fucking cage before I rip your arms off and chew on them while you watch.”
“Oh your so making me want to let you out. Now stop your bitching and calm down and I will be able to let the guard go and you out.”
Rogue stopped and lay down before turning back into human form.
“This better Poppins?”
“Much.”
Xavier told the guard to get some food for them and let Rogue out of the cage. Rogue was naked and Xavier had seen enough of his body to last a lifetime, so he took of the robe and handed it to him.
“Here put this on. You’re making me feel sick.”
“Thanks. Thats the only down side to shifting, you don't get to keep your clothes.”
The gaurd broght the food, cold meets, cheese and wine.
“So why ere you screaming like a girl?” Xavier asked, putting food on his plate.
“It appears the future has changed. Something is wrong with Storm, she is in trouble and I need to get to her.”
“Eat first. I can't go anywhere right now, I'm knackered.”
They helped themselves to the food, Xavier put the first bite into his mouth then spat it out. It was disgusting. Rogue watched him with a suspicious look.
“You drank from her. Didn’t you?”
“I had to.”
“The future really has changed. I never thought of all the things that would change from just doing one thing differently. You still have, had your humanity when I left you. So how is it?”
“I’ll tell you when I know.”
“Sounds like you’re having second thoughts.”
“You have no idea.” Xavier sighed looking at the food in front of him that held no appeal. He slouched into his chair and crossed his arms. Wondering how long he could go before he killed someone. He felt the shudder run through him.
“I think I do, you’re a different man from the one I came across an hour ago. What’s wrong?”
“To quote you. I'm not a woman and I'm not drunk.” Xavier said, to get him off the subject. He couldn’t tell anyone what he felt.
“Right. Well if you change your mind, you know where I am.”
“Thanks, but I'm fine. So what do you want to do?”
“Right now? I would love to get fucked.”
“Do you ever think of anything else, other than your dick?”
“Well no, but i meant drunk off my arse. But I have to see what has changed with Storm.”
“Right, lets go then.”
“I thought you’d want to stay here with Rowan, you only just got her back.”
Xavier’s body responded to that but he wouldn’t let it rule him. He wasnt near her now and he wasnt being controlled by her.
“We changed things, it's only right I go with you and see what kind of mess you have yourself in. You can't meet yourself remember.”
“Oh yeah. right, well lets go then.”
They got up and Xavier collected more starr’s he was able to get 7 in total.
They went to where they had left Storm before and Rogue traced the scent of her. She was hanging by her hind legs from a tree. It was the strangest thing Xavier had ever seen.
“Oh My God.” Rogue said. “We have to get her down. RIGHT NOW.”
“I couldn’t agree more.” Xavier said running to her.
“NO. DON'T.” Rogue shouted.
“What, what is it?”
“She will tear you apart, she’s in pain and she isn’t human Xavier.”
Xavier was completely confused. What did that have to do with anything.
“What, I thought we had to get her down now. You sounded like it was urgent. Life or death.”
“It is. You don't understand. You saw what the pain spell did, right. She turned human.”
“Yeah, and?”
“We can't stay in tiger form when we are in that much pain Xavier, and she is in more than that spell gives us, yet she is still a tiger, it's not right. Something is wrong here.”
 “Lets just get her down, then we can decide what it is that’s wrong.”
“go near her now and you will lose something you value.”
“You do it then.”
“I will.”
Xavier watched Rogue approach his sister cautiously and reach out to her, she wasnt moving but he could see her ribs moving, so she was still breathing.
Rogue reached up and cut her down. Her body landed in a sickening thump and Rogue looked to Xavier, the look on his face was grave.
“She has a collar on. It's full of energy, so I can't take it off.” Rogue said.
“I will then. You hold her head so she doesn’t rip me in two, while I pry it off her.”
Rogue did as he asked.
Xavier took out his knife, and tried to cut through the thing, it didn’t break. He shoved it in the catch and tried to pry it open. Nothing.
“It's not coming off, look lets get her back to Alexion, maybe he has something that will work.”
They dropped the starr’s and Xavier went for the tools. They tried everything but nothing worked. Storm was getting worse, her breathing was laboured and sporadic.
“We have to get it off her Xav, she can't last much longer like this.”
“Don't worry mate, we will.” Xavier said to Rogue, who was pacing while watching his sister. His whole body was tense. Xavier knew how he was feeling, he’d felt like this earlier, useless. That brought the image of Rowan lying in his arms as he willed her to fight and stay with him. His heart clenched. He might have lost his girl but he would not let Rogue go through what he was.
He put his hands around the clasp of the collar and pulled, pulled with everything in him. And the collar popped off.
Storm changed into human form and lay in his lap.
Her white hair plastered to her face, her naked body covered in a sheen of sweat. She was glorious and lying in his lap, she looked so helpless. He picked her up in his arms and walked her to her brother.
“What no comment on my thoughts this time, Tigger?” He laughed at the look on Rogues face.
“You will keep perv.. you have one woman you don't need two.”
Xavier watched her face as Rogue rocked her singing in a language he couldn’t understand. Her features where fine, like a porcelain doll, so perfect and serene. He couldn’t look at her anymore, his body was reacting to her and he felt like he was betraying Rowan even if she didn’t love him, he still loved her. It wasn’t his fault he found Storm desirable.
“Get you mind out the gutter and stop beating yourself up. I told you, I'm here for you, and although I already know what you’re thinking I won’t pry.”
“Xavier.” Storms voice was low and quiet. “Danger.” Then she passed out again.

1 comment: