Saturday 13 November 2010

Chapter 17

Xavier had to make a chose and quick. There was only one way he could think of. The only way to prove Rogue was here to help him, there was no way he would have sent someone he wouldn’t know without using the code. Just no way.
“Wait.” Xavier called.
“Oh, for the love of sex. What is it now?” Rogue said.
Xavier heard his low grumbling growl, but the words were as clear as day inside his head. He was going to have a conversation with a tiger, he’d thought Rogue would transform to human to talk, but apparently he didn’t have to.
“Fuck you.” Xavier said, still coming to terms with talking to an animal. Dr Doolittle eat your heart out.
“No thanks, I don't swing that way, never have, never will, even in this form I prefer women.”
“And you think I'm surly.”
“What is it?”
“Give me the code.”
“Don’t to get my ass skinned trying to save yours.”
“My code, not yours.”
“You mean that lame ass Marry Poppins thing. If you think I'm saying that, forget it. I'm a tiger, I have a reputation to protect.” Rogue snorted.
Well he obviously knew the code. So he’d trust him, even if he didn’t say it.
“Ok Tigger, bounce away, I'm right behind you.” Xavier laughed.
“You need to watch more adult T.V. You’re a fucking vampire not a tweeny.”
“Tweeny? And you think I watch kids T.V.”
“Hey, I have nephews. What’s your excuse?”
“Too much time on my hand during the day.”
“I can think of a million things to do with myself than watch that shit, especially with my hands.”
“Remind me never to shake your hand.” Xavier shivered.
“In fact, I rarely use my hands, being a cat has major advantages, I can...”
“I don't want to know.” Xavier said disgusted by this conversation.
“Just because you can't do it. STOP” Rogue shouted.
Xavier almost fell over Rogue, he’d stopped so suddenly.
“What is it?” Xavier asked out loud.
“We’re here. You go stand over there and wait, they’ll be out in a few minutes. I’ll hide over here.”
“What? Why are you hiding?”
“I was one of the protectors of Darkess, I’ll be coming out right behind him, and I can't meet myself.”
“Well isn’t that the best news I’ve heard all night! I finally get to kick your ass.” Xavier said sarcastically.
“Yeah, just don't kill me, or kick me in the balls, I hate that.” Rogue said shaking his head.
“Oh, I'm so going for your balls.” Xavier smiled.
“Stay away from them, Poppins.”
“and have you rip my arms off. I don't think so, if I can't kill you at lease striking your sensitive area will bring you down.
“Darkess has me and one other with him. Don't hurt her either, she’s my sister. Her names Storm, and if you hurt or kill her. I will kill you.” Rogue growled.
“What would you like me to do then, lay down and be dinner tonight?” Xavier said exasperated, how was he meant to bring down two tigers, without hurting or killing them.
“No, I am going to give you a way of incapacitating us, but if you ever use it against me I will piss on you in your sleep.” Rogue said trying to sound like he was joking. His voice had been light but the words resonated with fear.
“I'm all ears.” He said, not wanting Rogue to change his mind.
“Just whisper. Pain to the core explode. That will bring us down, to turn it off whisper Purr for me kitty cat, that will send us to sleep. I'm only giving you the pain one as a last resort, don't use it unless you have too, it feels like your being ripped in two.” He said shivering, like it had been used on him on more than one occasion.
“Why do I have to whisper it, wouldn’t that require me getting up close and personal with your teeth?”
“Because if Darkess hears you, he will use it against me. As well as my sister. Each Were family have these, shall we call them off switches, and we guard them with our lives. I'm trusting you to keep it to yourself.”
“Ok, got it. No ball kicking. Don't kill sister. Don't let Darkess hear me. Anything else?”
“Yeah, don't let me kill you, it would really mess with my head if I killed you.”
“You’re not funny.”
“Oh but I am, I crack myself up on an hourly basis, that’s when I'm not licking...”
“Arggg, are you always this disgusting?”
“It’s not disgu..... it's time, hide.”
Xavier stepped behind a tree, he could see the exit hole of the tunnel from here. He saw the nose first, it came out cautiously sniffing the air, then the rest followed. This tiger was pure white and graceful, what a magnificent beast, Xavier thought.
“Keep you filthy thoughts to yourself Poppins.” Came Rogues voice.
“Fuck off, I'm trying to concentrate here. I was only thinking she was beautiful anyway.”
“Sure you were.” Rogues voice dripped with sarcasm.
Xavier jumped onto her back and spoke the words Rogue had told him. Storm dropped to the ground with an almighty roar, him on top of her, then she was human, naked and screaming. Shit Rogue hadn’t lied about the pain thing. Xavier quickly said the words to send her to sleep. Rogue was so going to piss on him for that one. If Darkess ever learned this, he would have complete control of them and he’d enjoy using it, just for shits and giggles. What an Achilles heel to have.
Darkess came out next and Xavier knew that Rogue wouldn’t be far behind him. If only Darkess had an off switch. He pulled out his whips with the claw ends and threw them at Darkess. They wrapped around his body strapping him to an oak tree before spearing through his shoulders pinning his body to the tree. That would keep him for a minute while he dealt with Rogue.
“Remember, stay away from my balls!” Rogue said.
Right now Xavier couldn’t think of anything he’d rather do.
Rogue flew out of the tunnel before Xavier could move out his way. Sharp claw speared both shoulders before they went down. Xavier was doing his best to keep Rogues sharp teeth from separating his head from his shoulders. Don't kill him, Don't kill him, Xavier kept saying so he wouldn’t forget.
“Or kick my balls.”
“Do something or I'm going to have to kill you.” He told Rogue mentally.
“I can't.”
“Throw a dam rock or something, distract him so I can put him down.” Xavier shouted mentally.
A branch broke and Rogue snapped his head up from Xaviers throat, it gave him enough time to reach up and speak the words necessary. He didn’t put him to sleep first, he gave him pain, it served him right for trying to decapitated him. He inspected himself while Rogue screamed. He looked down at Rogues writhing body and had the overwhelming urge to kick him, just for spite.
“Don't you dare!” Rogue said.
 He resisted it, He’d already earned himself one golden shower he didn’t want another one.
“You know this mind thing is disturbing.” Xavier told Rogue.
“Darkess is breaking out of your whip. Now put Rogue, me, Rogue to sleep and get on with why we’re here.”
Xavier did as Rogue said, not wanting to think about how strange it must be for Rogue to talk about himself like that, and walked up to Darkess.
Standing in front of him now he wanted to tear him to shreds as he remembered what he had done to Rowan, what he had made her watch.
Threw gritted teeth he spoke to Darkess.
“Give me the Onyx.”
“I don't know what you are referring to.” Darkess smirked.
“Give it to me and I will let you live, even though I want to tear you limb from limb for touching my girl.”
“Dear boy, she is not you girl. You couldn’t satisfy a woman like that.”
Xavier kneed him in the groin. At least he was allowed to knee someone tonight, and it eased the blood lust somewhat.
Darkess groaned and dropped his head slightly. Xavier knew that if wasnt strapped to the tree Darkess would be on the ground right now.
Grabbing his hair he shoved Darkess’s head back.
“I wont ask you again. I know you have it on you, so if you don't want to lose bits of your anatomy slowly youl give it to me now.”
“Fuck you, youl never find it.”
“Xavier, I forgot to tell you. He swallowed it.” Rogues said.
“Oh, you just made my night Rogue.” Xavier said, with chuckling.
“Really? Are you sure about that?” Xavier asked Darkess.
“Not even if I look in here.” He said slicing Darkess from breast bone to navel and pulling out his intestines.
Darkess said nothing, didn’t even grunt or groan as his inside spilled out. Nothing gave away the pain he was in other than the drain of blood from his face and his lips pressing together so hard they had turned white. Xavier briefly admired his strength before remembering what he had done to Rowan. What the hell he thought after retrieving the stone. He pulled Darkess’s zipper down.
“Just as eager as your little slut was, aren’t you.” Darkess purred. “ She couldn’t get enough of it either. What a wild cat that one is.”
With that Xavier cut it off and shoved down Darkess’s throat.
“Try fucking without that!” He smirked. Taking joy in the pain in Daress’s eye, even if he didn’t make a noise.
Xavier turned and walked away from Darkess, he wouldn’t kill him, not tonight. That could wait until he had more time to make it a slow death, something fitting of the man’s nasty behaviour. He made his way to where Rogue was waiting, out of Darkess’s sight.
“I only have two starr’s left. I can only rescue one of them, you chose which one.” Xavier said when he was in front of the huge tiger.
“You can't take either one, they’re under Darkess control until.... well even... a, never mind. Just leave them, you need to get to Rowan. You’re running out of time.” Rogue said.
“Right, well, thanks for your help tonight. Will you be going back to your time now?” Xavier asked not sure what else to say.
“No, I need to recharge first and I also can time jump without the full moon.” Rogue said, his voice sounded distracted to Xavier.
“Interesting to know, so what will you do until then?” He said edging towards Rogue.
“Scratch my balls, Lick my..”
“Argg not that again, what is it you and your balls? You think about them as often as men think about sex.”
“You would too if you could do it.” Xavier heard the low rumble of a chuckle.
Xavier leaned in while Rogue was distracted with himself and spoke the words, Rogue dropped like a stone.
Fucking brilliant!  Xavier mused.
He wasn’t totally convinced that Rogue was an ally and wanted to keep an eye on him if he wasn’t shifting in time until the next full moon.
Xavier picked up the now naked Rogue and dropped the last two starr’s.
*
Walking into the throne room he dropped Rogue to the floor, the man weigh about the same as his tiger form he guessed.
“Put him in a cage, a big one. He is not a prisoner yet so don't treat him as such. If he is with us then I don't want to piss him off.”
Xavier made his way to Rowan. He hadn’t been gone long but it felt like eternity, He had missed her so much.
He quickly put the Onyx on her chest.
It didn’t work, she still lay there not moving.
“That’s not where she needs it.” Came a voice from behind him.
Xavier was dog tiered, covered in all kinds of shit, including Darkess blood and guts. He really had had about enough of People turning up out of the blue spouting nonsense and riddles. His brain couldn’t sort them out anymore. He dropped his head in his hands and rubbed his face, trying to get the energy to get up and face this new voice.
“Put it over her third eye, she needs to ground herself and get control, it's a mental issue.”
Xavier lifted his head from his hands and turned slowly to face his advisor. The man was at least 7 feet tall and built like a brick shit house, he hoped that he wasn’t about to have to fight this guy, he wasn’t sure he had anything felt o use.
“Who are you and how do you know what she needs?” He asked, weariness evident in his voice.
“I'm Daniel.”

3 comments:

  1. This is great stuff Heather, the humour is ace. well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gruesome stuff but the intrigue keeps the reader's attention. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its bloody, but he needs the Onyx and Darkess wont just hand it over.... what kind of bad guy would that be??? and remember Xavier is a bad ass good guy, he doesnt shy away from what needs to be done. I love him. strong and loyal. hope everyone is rnjoying this so far.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete