Thursday 11 November 2010

Chapter 14

“Give her to me.” Alexion growled between clenched teeth.
Xavier turned his head to stare at Alexion. If looks could kill, Alexion would be dead, all his hurt and anger projecting through his eyes right now, he could feel it burning as the tears rolled down his face into her hair. He should have been here sooner. He should have been able to stop this. If her father, he choked on the word, hadn’t been hell bent on revenge, they could have stopped this.
Well Alexion, could demand all he liked, could even kill him if he chose, nothing mattered anymore. Nothing but the woman in his arms. He buried his head against neck.
“Please. Please Rowan, you can't leave me, I need you.” He whispered against her neck, inhaling the scent that was all her. Memories of her making love to him surging forth. Her bright smile. Her groans of passion. Her sparkling eyes. Her stubborn temper. The way her hair hung as she straddled him. The smell of her orgasm. The look on her face as she came for him. Everything about her was perfect.
“I can help you save her.” Meridian said from the doorway.
 “Fuck off. Get the fuck out of here before I kill you, you bastard.” Xavier grunted at Meridian, he wanted blood for this, wanted it so much he could taste it. But was unable to tare himself away from Rowan, while she was still breathing, while there was still a chance she would come back to him. Revenge wasn’t worth it, not right now, right now she was all that was stopping him destroying everything that stood in his way.
 “ I'm trying to help you, you wont save her without me.”
Before Xavier could respond to that, Alexion did. He had Meridian by the throat.
“You will die the most horrifying way I can think up, if she dies. Now spit it out, what are you trying to tell us?”
“To save her he must....” Meridian faded into nothing, dust.
“Arggg.” Alexion moaned.
“What the fuck just happened?” Xavier asked looking from Alexion to the dust, while clinging to Rowan.
“lets get her out of here. NOW.” Alexion said, his voice flat, if Xavier didn’t know any better he would think that Alexion was scared.
 “Alexion?”
“Now I said.” And he handed Xavier  two starr’s. “Take her home, I’ll meet you there, her mother will help you. Go. NOW.”
*
Xavier did what he was told, his brain not able to comprehend what was going on, beyond the fact that there was something he could do to save her, but what was it?
“Xavier!” Shea Squealed. “You have my daughter, oh my god. What happened?”
“I, a I don't know.” He said laying Rowan down on a bed and wrapping her body in the blanket.  He felt numb now. His brain stuck on what he’d seen tonight. Rowan had wings! Huge golden wings. What did that mean?
“Where is Alexion?” Shea asked, coming over to them.
“I don't know.” He slumped on the bed beside Rowan.
“What DO you know Xavier?”
“nothing anymore.”He said shaking his head. How could she have wings?
“What does that mean?”
“Your daughter has wings. Did you know that?” he asked looking for an answer.
“What?”
“Huge golden wings.”
“Oh my god,” Shea said, sitting down hard in the chair beside him. She was miles away. “what has he done?”
“What do you mean?” He asked puzzled at her strangeness all of a sudden.
“Nothing, nothing.  Come on we need to get her cleaned up.” She said shaking her head and moving towards Rowan.
“DON'T .Touch. Her.” He snarled. “tell me whats going on.”
“I'm not sure.”
“But you know something, what is it?” He asked grabbing her arm.
“I really don't know Xavier, you have to trust me. I would give my life for her, trust in that.” She said trying to pull her arm out of his vice like grip.
“You WILL be giving your life for hers, if you have done something to cause this. I swear to god, I wont rest until I kill everyone who has hurt her.” He said, tone flat, eyes locked, fingers digging into her flesh. If Rowan dies because of something her parents did he would kill them, and laugh doing it.
“You love her.” Shea said her face soft and glowing; she looked so much like Rowan. He let her go, it was like hurting Rowan, and that thought made him feel sick.
“Yes.” He said taking Rowans hand and kissing it. “more than my own life.”
“Good, that’s good. That’s very good.”
“Good! Good!” His temper exploded. “What’s good about it? She’s dying and I can't save her, I don't know what to do. If you know something, tell me. Tell me what to do for her. I’ll do anything. Anything. ” He said as his temper died and pain crashed in. He couldn’t stop the tears, He was no longer a man, he was a mess.
“Just be here for her, she’ll wake up and when she does, she’ll need you.” Shea said patting his arm.
Xavier, stroked the hair from Rowan face and just watched her. Her breathing was irregular and her body cold. What would save her? What was wrong with her? If he knew that, he might be able to do something. Was it just the power or was it something else? Arggg His brain couldn’t cope with this. He kissed her lips, they were still coated in blood. Her blood.
“Get me some water and a towel, would you.” He asked Shea.
After Shea handed him the water, he bathed her, washing the blood from her face and neck. Her pale skin glowed. She was the most beautiful thing in the world, wings or no wings he loved her.
“I will get you something to wear Xavier.” Shea said. “Maybe you should clean up too.”
“I'm not leaving her.” He said as Shea left the room. Closing the door behind her.
He was still naked and he hadn’t even thought about it until this very moment. His body hardened instantly. He was a sick bastard, Rowan was fighting for her life and he wanted her in the most intoxicating way. He slipped in beside her and cradled her against him, every inch of her naked body touching a part of his, her head resting on his arm; she looked so small and fragile.
“Oh god Rowan, what do I do? I wish someone would tell me what to do. I can't lose you babe.” He kissed her forehead. “you’re my life, don't you understand that.” he breathed against her lips before kissing them gently. “Please wake up.” His fingers stroked down her arm to her hand, where he tangled their fingers together. “don't die Rowan, Please don't leave me.” he kissed her eyelids. “come on babe, open those beautiful eyes for me.”  Untangling their fingers he pulled her closer to him, tangling their bodies, like he could keep her from death, if he held on strong enough. He kissed her forehead, nose and cheeks before licking her dry lips. “Dear god! I love you so much.” He tucked her head under his chin and just held her, held her like his life depended on it.  And closed his eyes.
He listened to her breathing, and let the rhythm sooth him, as long as she was breathing she was fine.
“Xavier.”
“Xavier.”
He was dreaming, he must have been. Rowans sweet voice wall calling him.
“Find the amulet, the onyx amulet.” Rowan said.
“ Xavier, you must go, I'm running out of time, I can't hold on much longer. Find the amulet, Darkess......”
Xavier eyes flew open. Had he fallen asleep?
“Please!” Rowans voice came from inside his head. He pulled his arm out from under her and shot off the bed. Pacing. Was he imagining this? Had he lost his mind?
“Please.”
No, he definitely heard that, yet she hadn’t moved.
Shea must have been back in because there were clothes on the chair for him. He threw on the jeans and shirt.
Kissed Rowan, “I wont be long. Hold on baby, just hold on, ok.” He kissed her again before leaving the room, he had to get to Shea and get some starr’s, he was on a mission and nothing would stop him.

2 comments: