Tuesday 16 November 2010

Chapter 23

“Let. Her. Go.” Xavier said from behind Rogue. He had never moved so fast in his life before.
He’d known the minute Rowan had entered the room, his blood heated with her proximity, but he didn’t turn around. He just couldn’t cope with her right now. Plus, he was in bed with Storm, how would that look? With every step that brought her closer, his body heated. His erection hardened to the point, he could hang weights off it, or use it as a hammer.
His hand gripped the one Rogue had on her robe, and yanked it from her.
“Hey Poppins, you have a woman. You can't have them all you know.” Rogue said letting go of her.
Rowan stepped back and fell over the stool. Xavier caught her before she hit the ground. “You ok babe?” He asked setting her on her feet.
“Hey I'm talking to you Poppins.”
“This is my girl you fucking idiot.”
“WHAT!, Oh fuck. Shit. Shit. Shit.” Rogue said backing away from Xavier, hands in the air. “I can't read her though. Not even a little. It's not really my fault mate, she didn’t say she was with you.”
“You didn’t give me the opportunity.” Rowans voice came, quiet and low.
“You should have tried harder.” Rogue spat at her. “I would never have touched you if i’d known.”
“Oh yeah, like the slap was nothing... you like it rough, remember that? I didnt want it at all, never mind any rougher than you had planned.” She spat back.
“Oh, huh, well. In my defence, I am drunk. Please forgive me my lady.” Rogue said.
Xavier stood there amused by the argument they were both having. God she was beautiful when angry. And she was making Rogue cower in his dress. Why couldn’t he just not care about her. Everything in him claimed her as his, everything but his heart.
“Oi, Poppins, I heard that, and it’s your dress anyway.” Rogue said. Before laughing out loud and pulling Rowan to him.
Xavier growled and stepped closer to them. Rogue kissed her cheek.
“Just checking.” Rogue said before letting her go.
Xavier grabbed hold of her and growled and hissed at Rogue.
“Next time you kiss her, you lose something.” Xavier said.
Rowan snuggled up against him and her scent wrapped it's self around him, binding him to her and igniting his desire to make love to her. Right now and in front of Rogue, he wanted to strip the flimsy robe from her and drive himself into her. God he was so fucked up.
“I missed you Xavier.” She said kissing his neck.
Yeah, he just bet she did, more like she needed another fix. He groaned out loud. He needed a fix of her in the most impossible way. Needed her wrapped around his body as he lost himself even more to her.
Rogue laughed, the look on his face was one of amusement.
“Get out of my head you freak.” Xavier spat at him. He didn’t need Rogue adding fuel to this fire.
“You’re right. I am so glad it's your head and not mine. You really should talk to someone about your split personality Xavier.” Rogue laughed, doubled over with hysterics and Xavier stood there holding Rowan, wanting her and hating her all at the same time.
“it's late Rowan, go back to bed.” Xavier, finally managed to tell her.
“Come with me.”
“NO.”
“Why not?”
“I can't leave this drunken arse to look after Storm, thats why not.”
“Who?”
Xavier watched as Rowan looked at the bed, Storm in all her naked glory stretched out and looking stunning, and then at him. Her gaze travelled down his body. She wouldn’t miss the tenting of his trousers, and the lack of his shirt. Her eyes swam with unshed tears and she swallowed hard before meeting his eyes.
“You were in bed with her, weren’t you?” She asked her voice shaky and quiet.
“Yes. I was looking after her.” He said not knowing if he should tell her the truth or let her think what she was thinking.
“I’ll just bet you were.” She said, covering her face with her hands “I thought you loved me.”
“Ditto.”
“What does that mean?”
“You know exactly what it means. I'm not the one who f....”
Rogue let out blood curdling scream. Xavier turned from Rowan to see what was wrong. His gut tight and heart racing, it could only be Storm, nothing else would cause Rogue that much pain. What he saw, turned his stomach.
Rogue was on the floor and his hand was missing. Xavier raced to his side.
“What’s going on Rogue. Rogue look at me, tell me what’s happening.” Xavier was on his knees pulling Rogue to him. As Rogue’s other hand disappeared.
“Fucking hell Rogue, what’s happening to you?” Xavier grabbed his friend and held him while he screamed.
“Xavier, what’s happening?” Rowan asked.
“Just get out Rowan; you don't need to see this.”
“I'm not leaving you.” Rowan said kneeling beside him.
“That’s rich.”
“Xavier.” Rogue tensed in his arms, as his arm disappeared. “It's Darkess. He’s sending you a message. He must know I'm here, it's the only reason he’s cutting me up bit by bit.”
“What?”
“It doesn’t hurt.”
“Then why were you screaming?”
“Wouldn’t you, if bits of you started going fucking missing?”
“Good point. So I will go and get you from him.”
“No. I can't live like this, can you imagine a tiger without paws.”
“You’ll adapt.”
“No I wont. And besides it's a trap. Why else would he do it this way? This is what Storm must have been trying to tell us.” Rogue said
“I'm not letting you die.” Xavier shouted.
“You have to, I can't live like this. But you can send Storm back, and tell her to make her message a little more clear next time.” Rogue laughed. “Something like, get Rogue out, would do the job.”
Xavier nodded and held Rogue while he disappeared bit by bit. He still had a sense of humour, even though he was dying. He couldn’t imagine how you could be so light hearted, when your death was imminent. Rogue finally disappeared completely leaving Xavier sitting on the floor holding onto thin air.
“What are you going to do Xavier?” Rowan asked.
“Look after Storm. Make sure she gets everything she needs to get better. Then send her back in time to warn us.”
“I will help you then.”
“NO. I don't need your help Rowan. The only friend I’ve ever had just got wiped off the face the earth, and If I hadn’t been so wrapped up in you, and your betrayal. He wouldn’t have been here if it weren’t for you. I wouldn’t have missed this coming. I should have been paying more attention. This is all your fault. Get out.”
“What betrayal?”
“Get the fuck out. I'm done with you.” Xavier said getting up and pulling her by the arm to the door. He threw her out and slammed the door.

He would make sure Storm got better. what ever it took, he would make her whole again and get Rogue back. He would not let Rowan near her, everything that girl touched ended up being destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment